The Ruger AR-556 5.56mm, is Ruger’s M4 Style, direct impingement rifle.
- Comes with the Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight.
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics.
- Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel, 1:8 twist rate, 5.56 chamber allows you to use either 5.56 or .223 ammunition. M4 feed ramps, 1/2×28 threaded barrel with flash suppressor
- Includes: One, 30-round Magpul PMAG.
What can I say, this is one of the best rifles made for the price tag. Very reliable – not a single jam with either. Clean. Accurate. I would recommend this handgun to anyone.
I have the Ruger AR-556 5.56mm, flawless performance with great accuracy.
I have owned a couple of rifles. As a militray person I went through many rounds and through some harsh conditions. This gun will perform every time they are called upon. As I said, CAN’T GO WRONG!
The process was user friendly and I was updated on the progress of the delivery. Very simple and fast.
Reliable, Powerful, perfectly weight and Crazy simple to clean. You could pay $800-1000 more for a “Show Piece” rifle… I guess… I really like my Ruger AR-556 5.56mm.